At Capture6 we are developing rapidly scalable carbon removal and decarbonization solutions and creating environmental benefits to accelerate the transition to a decarbonized global economy. Our projects create dual benefits to climate and water sectors. As we continue to grow, we are seeking a dynamic and experienced VP of Marketing and Public Affairs to join our team.
About the Role
The VP of Marketing and Public Affairs at Capture6 will play a pivotal role in shaping our engagement with key corporate partners, government entities, and other stakeholders to advance our mission of combatting climate change. This role requires a strategic, results-oriented individual with an understanding of carbon offtake markets and business to business marketing.
What You Will Do
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing strategy that aligns with company objectives, enhancing brand visibility, generating leads, and expanding our client base.
- Collaborate with the executive team to align marketing initiatives with business objectives and contribute to the company's strategic vision.
- Create and deploy effective lead generation tactics for a B2B pipeline and nurture campaigns to support sales goals.
- Create a marketing strategy that will position Capture6 as a market leader and trusted authority in the direct air capture and water sectors.
- Develop Capture6’s brand identity and ensure uniformity across all marketing channels, cultivating strong brand recognition and establish the company as a trusted provider of carbon offsets.
- Lead marketing communication plans encompassing advertising, public relations, conferences, digital platforms, social media, and content strategies to engage target audiences with compelling messaging. Provide monthly tracking, analysis, and optimization plans targeting KPIs.
- Develop outreach plan to actively engage and collaborate with government, community, and media partners.
- Support executive team in the development of presentation materials and the delivery of outward facing data and reports.
- Manage the dissemination of information to external audiences.
- Manage and grow marketing and public affairs teams in lock step with organizational growth.
- Manage relationships with media outlets and journalists, create press releases, and drive coverage of Capture6 achievements.
- Develop and execute stakeholder engagement initiatives to build strong community relationships in key communities.
- Represent Capture6 at relevant conferences, events, and with key stakeholders.
- Drive market research to identify trends, client needs, and competitors, using insights to refine commercialization strategies and marketing campaigns.
- Manage and optimize the marketing budget, vigilantly monitoring campaign performance to maximize return on investment.
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field; MBA is a plus.
- Proven track record of success in senior marketing roles with at least 15 years of experience.
- Ability to work high to low, developing and executing the strategic plan.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to flex and grow with the company.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapid-growth environment.
- Strong strategic thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent leadership and team management abilities.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing effective marketing and communications strategies that drive business results.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
We are aware this job description may not capture all the dimensions we are seeking in the right candidate. You may also bring valuable skills and knowledge we haven't thought of. If you think you’re a great fit for this role, please apply and tell us why in your cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you.
Climate change disproportionately impacts underrepresented communities, and we believe a diverse and inclusive team is needed to meet this major global crisis head on. We highly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply. Capture6 is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
The salary range presented for this full-time role is $140,000 – $180,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, years of experience, and location. The range represents the minimum and maximum potential salaries for new hires in this particular position. Within this range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including job-related skills, experience, and education or training. Please note that the compensation details for this role reflect the cash compensation only and do not include equity or other benefits.